Surgical Spine Associates is pleased to announce that we are now hiring. Are you a Medical Assistant interested in a career that provides plenty of opportunity for continued growth and development? If so, please submit your resume today. This position will be responsible for back office and front office duties. Previous Medical Assistant and medical authorizations experience is preferred.
If interested, please email your cover letter, resume and any other pertinent documents to Dr. Mark Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose: Assist physicians with various aspects of patient care (including clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks) ensuring patient satisfaction. In addition to core Medical Assistant responsibilities, serves as lead person for team regarding day-to-day workflow issues or office procedures.
- Work directly with Manager to identify opportunities for improvement with regards to Clinical/Non-Clinical functions and Patient Assessments.
- Must be responsible and demonstrate proficiency in all practice category-specific tasks.
- Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc. Complete forms/requisitions as needed. Schedule appointments. Verify insurance coverage and patient demographics.
- Perform clinic procedures according to policy and procedure. Assist physicians with procedures. Document patient information into the medical record.
- Guide workflow and/or assign tasks to other clinical staff.
- Answer calls and provide pertinent information, including patient education, as directed.
- Assist management staff with supervisory activities. Participate with creation and implementation of departmental goals, processes and procedures. Mentor, orient and provide ongoing training to current and new staff members.
- Check schedules and organize patient flow. Accompany patients to exam/procedure room. Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc. Collect patient information/history; take vitals, perform screenings per provider guidelines. Relay instructions to patients/families. May provide more individualized patient/family education and supportive counseling as needed.
- Send/receive patient medical records in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other state and federal regulations.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health). Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data.
- Prepare and manage charts to ensure information is completed appropriately. Other front office responsibilities, as required.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to department protocol. Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control. Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records. Manage inventory of supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant program, or a national certification from a national certifying organization (AMT, AAMA, NAHP, NCCT, or NHA) is required.
- Two years of direct patient care experience required.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of medical terminology, examination, diagnostic and treatment room responsibilities.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) OR Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Medical Assistant
- Act 34